21 Day #RakMyZills Resources and Reflections
I just spent 21 Days zilling playing the most amazing zills on the planet with some of the most amazing dancers on the planet.
And I am so very grateful.
The 21 Day #RakMyZills Challenge with Saroyan Cymbals far surpassed anything I could have ever hoped for. Over 70 dancers in more than 5 countries participated, making time in their busy lives to spend a moment making music with me. Wow. I am beyond honored.
I am amazed at where my life has taken me since beginning to dance nearly two decades ago. Who would have thought the belly dance class I drove across town for once a week would put me on the path to find my calling, my passion and my sanctuary. Twenty years later and I am so grateful I can spread the joy of the dance with people around the world… and so easily! A one-minute video a day and new zill fans are created. Amazing!
So here it is, my lovely ZillStars – a list of resources for you to continue on your belly dance journey.
I know we will dance together very soon!
- Z-Helen | Zill Goddess | Check out her site and pick up her DVD: zhelene.com/DVDsandMusic2.html
- Karim Nagi | An amazing resources for not only rhythm but Arab folk dance as well. | He has a fabulous zill DVD: karimnagi.com/dvds/
- A compilation of Awesome Zill Videos on YouTube.
- Jamilah Salimpour | Mother of the finger cymbals in the US | Check out her manual: salimpourstore.com/collections/finger-cymbals
- Nadira Finger Cymbal Lace Course | I haven’t tried it yet, but I hear it is awesome: bellydancegeek.com/lace/
- Mary Ellen Donald | Percussionist Extraordinarie | Her site seems to be down, but here is a link to the best zill instructional manual I have ever read: Mastering the Finger Cymbals by Mary Ellen Donald
- Sahira | me! | Want to keep zilling with me? Check out my courses on Teachable and my YouTube Zill mini classes